This is a really simple quick-fix supper dish or lunch dish, that contains a whopping 29g of protein, around half of your daily allowance! Even better it’s light, fresh and uncomplicated.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce (you could also use hoisin sauce)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of ½ orange (for a little sweetness against the acid of the lime)
- 1tsp Chinese five-spice seasoning (half for the dip, half to sprinkle over)
- 4 x 140g skinless salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- Sesame oil, for drizzling
- Chinese cabbage, sliced (about half)
- Some fresh Thai basil
- 2 x spring onions, topped and tailed and finely sliced
- Cut up the salmon as per instructions. Thread onto skewers.
- Make up the dip of the sweet chilli sauce, orange and lime juice. Put half into a bowl and use as your dip.
- Brush the skewers all over with the sesame oil, remaining sauce dip, making sure you cover all the salmon. Sprinkle the kebabs with the Chinese five-spice powder. Leave to marinate for at least 20-30 mins or covered in the fridge overnight.
- Cook the salmon, using a very hot griddle pan, turning over until the flesh of the salmon is opaque and cooked just at point.
- Lay some Chinese cabbage and Thai basil chopped on a plate, put the kebabs on top and sprinkle with a little sesame oil, spring onions and a few more leaves of basil.